voltage stabilizer

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: voltage stabilizer
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 96 16:34:23 -0500
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
          Hey! Lets do this thread again.

          Sorry. I didn't save any of the info from the earlier
          posts about the voltage stabiliser.

          Here's the problem: gas gauge swings radically from
          empty to full, sometimes pegging at full. Only about two
          gallons in the tank. 72 midget with 69 sprite 1275 motor
          (should I cross post to the AH list?)

          Quality of the fuel gauge is unknown. Quality of the
          voltage stabiliser is unknown. Gauge is wired correctly.
          I pulled a voltage stabiliser out of the parts bin and got
          the same results.

          13.48 volts into the vs. Can't read the output 'cause it is
          far from stable. Seems to be 5 to 13.48 in very swift swings
          but nothing long enough to garner a reading from the meter.

          So, what is in the vs? What should I see as an output? How
          does one know that the vs is trash?

          Alan