Re: voltage stabilizer

To: (British Cars)british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: voltage stabilizer
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 12:37:34 -500
ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.h writes:

>           I asked a co-worker for a brief line drawing with values for
>           a stabiliser.
> >
> >           13.48 volts into the vs. Can't read the output 'cause it is
> >           far from stable. Seems to be 5 to 13.48 in very swift swings
> >           but nothing long enough to garner a reading from the meter.

 Jeremy DuBois:
>  You could also replace it with a better, diode based voltage regulator,

I've added an article about both the Mechanical stabilizers, and an electronic
replacement to the SOL tech page. (comments welcome)

http://www.team.net/sol/tech/

There's also some new stuff on nuts, bolts, and spanners.

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!