Re: manufacturing error (was MGB temperature)

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: manufacturing error (was MGB temperature)
From: JRoss123@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 12:11:35 -0500
Recently From Ulix:

>> I once read a story of a guy who replaced everything under his hood to
>> keep his car from overheating, and got so frustrated that he eventually
>> pulled the engine apart, only to find a rag in a water passage that had
>> been forgotten in there in the factory...

Well my '68 B kept overheating and leaving CO in the radiator. I kept
changing the head gasket then it would blow.  So I changed the head bolts.
The temp gague still slowly went t Hot as I drove.  In disgust I pulled out
another engine block and had it machined.  I figured the old block was
cracked.  Built a new engine. Aprox. $1400.00 later the gague would still
slowly creep to HOT!  I checked the gague again and it was fine.  Finally a
tried a voltage stabilizer out of my junk box and the gague read NORMAL from
then on.
    The moral of this story is....  Don't assume anything!!!  I had a nice
new engine but...

                                           John Ross
                                           '65 EP SCCA MGB
                                           '68 MGB