RE: air pump questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: air pump questions
From: taylorts@syr.ge.com
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 96 15:24:19 EST
>> I'm
>> certain that removing an extra drag on the engine, as well as that noisome
>> gulp/egr valve combination on the intake side, has improved the overall
>> performance by over a quarter bhp.

>If the EGR was removed at the same time the air injection was removed,
>I can understand why removing the air injection system (plus EGR) would
>cause a big increase in power because EGR is a horrible thing to do to an
>engine.

I've been listen to this conversation and it just dawn on me that I took off the
air pump, air injectors and blew out the catalytic convertor on my 80 limited
and didn't think of removing the EGR.  Can you without any problems or
modifications to the manifold?  Tell me how if it's possible!

My car runs better than ever.  I still would like to put a pair of 71 carbs.
on it.

Todd
1980 MGB limited
1959 healey 100-6