Trusting Mechanics

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Trusting Mechanics
From: "Mr Geoffrey Parnell" <geoffrey@icr.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 96 13:34:48 +0000
The thread on putting bolts or cans with messages into body panels
reminded me of an embarressing incident I had with a garage.
One of the problems of getting older is that quality time
(driving the car) becomes more important than the satisfaction
of fixing it your self, particularly when the weather is cold
and you would rather be doing other things. For that reason I
take my Midget to a number of different garages and inevitably
become frustrated over the quality of the workmanship. Once in
desperation I painted the heads of all the important bolts with
paint so I could see if they had been touched. After the car came
home I had taken off the rocker cover to see if the valve clearances
had been adjusted and scatched into the underside of the cover
was this message. "YES WE DID DO THEM".