re: top down in the cold (was 66 MG won't start)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: top down in the cold (was 66 MG won't start)
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 08:18:27 -0500
>Not only did I have a blast, only
>get mildly frostbitten around the ears, and enjoy the thrill of watching a
>snowstorm top-down, but I got the most amazing looks from drivers and foot
>traffic along the road. I got several interesting comments as well, at
>traffic lights in Charlottesville and Zion's Crossroads. What fun!  For those
>who haven't tried it, I heartily recommend it.

I concur on this 100%.  My best such top-down in bad weather jaunt was in me
Mog actually (67 4/4) in a pretty heavy summer rain (okay, it *was* about 80
degrees so my ears didn't frostbite).  But in the Morgan the flat winshield
is just perfect for wind driving the rain straight up over the top and then
dripping into my eyes.  Folks kept passing me, thowing odd glances.  It was
a about 1:1:1 ratio of folks who thought (1)"You're a complete idiot"
(2)"That look's like fun" and (3)"Why aren't you driving an American car?"
(nb: this is Deeeetroit).

So, I say "go for it."  What the hell, you were born wet.

Will "and he philosophizes too!" Zehring