RE: Fuel Pump

To: "'MGs'" <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <Lew.Palmer@uci.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 96 09:13:00 PST
No argument here. Almost universally, I have found the new "buzz box"
pumps to be short lived. A properly maintained SU will give long and
dedicated service.

Before I get bombed with exceptions, note that I said "properly
maintained". This means points changed every 30,000 - 50,000 miles, a new
diaphram every 100,000 miles (assuming it has remained in service). If
the pump has been left dry for several years, the diaphrams tend to get
stiff or brittle.

Regards,
Lew Palmer