Re:Clutch Problem

To: British Cars Digest <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Clutch Problem
From: "G.A.M.J." <johnsong@is.dal.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 14:56:20 -0400 (AST)
I have lived with a similar problem thet ray described, for about 2 years
now, since I last had the engine out of my '72 MGB.  I have full travel
at the clutch slave cylinder, but when I am idleing at a stoplight, I
cannot get into 1st (or second).  This has been described as "the clutch
hanging up on the shaft " by various people, and they say the only thing
I can do is remove the engine and lubricate the shaft (ahem..)  .

Is it possible I had made a mistake in installing the clutch? What is a
good lubricant?  Does anyone have a FAQ on clutch installation?

T'anks in advance.

Greg Johnson

'72 & '66 MGB
BATANS Home Page : http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html