Re: Re:Clutch Problem

To: <johnsong@is.dal.ca>
Subject: Re: Re:Clutch Problem
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@pnm.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 05 Mar 96 16:27:25 EST
Greg writes:

"This has been described as "the clutch hanging up on the shaft " by
various people, and they say the only thing I can do is remove the engine
and lubricate the shaft (ahem..).
Is it possible I had made a mistake in installing the clutch? What is a
good lubricant?  Does anyone have a FAQ on clutch installation?"

***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN @ PNM) at 3/5/96 1:25p

Someone may differ, but my guess is that you should never lubricate the
first motion shaft.  Anything on the shaft will spin right off and all
over the clutch surfaces, which will lead to burning/glazing of the
clutch and thus destroy the clutch.

Jay

Jay S. Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks