Re: Definition of "Sports Car"

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: Definition of "Sports Car"
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 15:23:53 PST
>>>Gregory Petrolati said:
 > >         4. Must have a manual transmission.
 >              If you include preselector gearboxes, wouldn't tha leave
 >              out a bunch of Astons, and other british Iron...

Don't some Formula One cars have automatic gearboxes?  Or at least "change
gears when I punch this button on the steering wheel because I can't let go"
boxes?

I think so but am not sure; I *am* sure some drag racers do this.  With ET's
under 4 seconds there isn't TIME to shift manually.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center