Header saga continued

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Header saga continued
From: "David E. Brown" <spmsales@rust.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 1996 00:42:57 +0000
Hello Everyone,
Upon removing my exhaust manifold (1500 midget), I found it broken
in one place and cracked in 3 others!  If anyone has some experience
to share with header applications on the '77 1500 midget, I'm all
ears. In addition to that, I have noticed that most of the
suspension bushings appear rotted, and I wish I had bought that
complete kit Vicky B's had on sale!  Is there a better place to buy
that sort of thing?

Thanks,
Dave

My original message follows (I'm not convinced it posted to the
list.  Can you see your own submissions???)

2/29/96
Well, its finally my turn!

After buying the 77 midget last fall, and starting to work on itthis
winter, I need some advice! (like how much money can you really pour
into one of these things anyway!?)Pulled the Z-S Carb off for a
rebuild because the bowl was flooding and found out where the loud
noises were coming from the one time Ihad managed to start the baby.
A cracked exhaust manifold!

1.Is this unusual, and should I look for other Uh-Oh's?
2.What make of header and/or exhaust have people had good luck with?
3.Will I have to retune the carb?Thanks in advance!

Dave