Re: Header saga continued

To: "David E. Brown" <spmsales@rust.net>
Subject: Re: Header saga continued
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 00:49:56 -0600
On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, David E. Brown wrote:

> ears. In addition to that, I have noticed that most of the
> suspension bushings appear rotted, and I wish I had bought that
> complete kit Vicky B's had on sale!  Is there a better place to buy
> that sort of thing?

Well, I installed the VicBrit bushings several years ago on my '74 Midget
and they did just fine; however, the car has since taken on a good deal of
autocross duty in addition to vigorous street driving.  To make it more
competitive, I installed solid nylon/molybdenum bushings from Winners
Circle with offset holes for more negative camber.  The solid bushings are
a little more difficult to install than the original rubber ones, but the
handling improvement is dramatic, and the ride quality is not noticeably
degraded.  Big thumbs up from me.  They are a little on the pricey side, I
want to say about $50 (maybe $80?) for the set, but IMHO the improvement in
handling is well worth the money.

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

CCSO's secretary has officially disavowed any knowledge of my actions.