Re: Retrofitted parts

To: gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.attgis.com
Subject: Re: Retrofitted parts
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 14:24:47 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 8 Mar 1996 gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.attgis.com wrote:

> Ross Goldberg writes:
>
> > This makes me think... is it possible to retrofit parts from later cars in
> > my '66 MGB?  From 66-80 many items were improved and I'm sure my car could

> On my currect 1963 MGB restoreation I have retrofitted the following :
>
>  - Rear axle from a 1979 MGB (so that I can fit a rear sway bar if needed)
>
>  - Radiator from a 1980 MGB - needs some work to get it to fit in the forward
>location,
> but it increased the cooling capacity and allowed me to use electric fans

etc...

May I suggest you make a careful list of the changes you've made now,
while it's fresh in your mind, and bequeath the list to the future owner
if you sell the car.  For a couple of years after I sold my Chevy-engined
Jeepster, I'd get calls from the poor soul who bought it asking questions
like what on earth kind of car contributed the master cylinder, etc.
(What, you can't recognize a 56 Ford truck master cylinder?  The pilot
bushing, well I made that -- just get you some oilite bronze...)

Who knows, if your memory is as bad as mine, the list may prove useful to
you in a few years.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910