Re: Father of all Dremels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Father of all Dremels
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 15:38:15 -0700
I will second this!  My particular application was cutting a hole in my Jag
for a stereo upgrade.  The Dremel is the tool of choice for this kind of
stuff.  The bad part, at the time I was renting, and did not have a garage,
so I bought a rechargable (sp?) "rotory tool" dremel at Sears.  The tool
worked great for 15 minutes in cold weather, then needed a 4 hour recharge.
I'd have been better off buying a 300 ft extension cord.  Ah but I digress,
now I live in a house with a 3 car garage (and it has 4 in it.).

>All hail to Ray Gibbons, Father of The Dremel, I have just discovered Drevel
>cutoff disc. I used one of these most handy gadgets to cutoff and remove a
>1/4 bolt with a rusted out nut under the bonnet of my Arnolt.  It was in a
>most restricted space and I didn't know how I was going to the at this thing
>with a hacksaw until I remembered that I had just bought the Dremel cutoff
>disc and spindle.  Cut that sucker slick as anything.
>Tnx Ray...
>Terry

Phil Bates
67 MGB