Re: Father of all Dremels

To: TATERRY@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Father of all Dremels
From: DGeis@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 12:17:51 -0500
You're right, the Dremel cut off disk with its tiny little teeth is worth its
weight in gold.  However, I have become somewhat safety conscious after
reading numerous dead cat stories.  To get to the point, that cut off wheel
can reach out and grab a finger quick as a flash, and it is pretty easy to
get it just cockeyed enough so that it suddenly goes off on a path the user
never contemplated.  I recently saw a clerk at the local Home Depot with his
left hand in a very large bandage.  He said that the Dremel cutoff wheel
jumped out of something he was working on and cut three fingers to the bone.

Therefore, I suggest that if you have some loose object that you intend to
work on with the cutoff wheel put that object in the vise or hold it with the
visegrip, but not in your hand.

Dave Geissinger