Re: Sluggish Temp Gauge (fwd)

To: em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sluggish Temp Gauge (fwd)
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 02:47:22 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-14 04:25:53 EST, em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk (Stephen
Brook) writes:

>You mean they're not supposed to do that? The needle on the
>gauge of my 1978 B only reaches 1/4 of the way between C and
>H after a pretty long run. And it still blows hot air out long before
>then.

My B blows out hot air as soon as it starts...from the tailpipe!  :-)
Sorry
Check the temp gauge, they are notorious for being , as they say, slightly
inaccurate...
If you have a digital thermometer (they're cheap these days) loosen the
sending unit and let a little water drip from the threads, measure that water
since its right where the sender is. Taking the temp in the radiator isn't
likely to be very helpful...since the radiators purpose is to cool down the
water...