Re: Trans lube/Engine oil

To: Johnmowog@aol.com, skillman@clark.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trans lube/Engine oil
From: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 10:59:58 -0500
I have used "Red Line" MTL (manual trans Lubricant) in my big Healey (BJ8)
with overdrive for 7+ years, however it costs dearly ($8.00 qt). It is made
for transmissions that take motor oil. It has the  viscosity of motor oil,has
much better shear strength,  much more temperature stability, and a better
friction factor to aid the syncros.  It made a noticable difference in the
shifting of the car, especially before the trans warms up.  I also used this
in my bugeye gearbox with good results( when a old stock sprite gearbox holds
up to racing that is good results).        Chuck