Re: Hard pull choke control on TD

To: "Robert J. Donahue" <rdonahue@holli.com>
Subject: Re: Hard pull choke control on TD
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 20:51:55 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 16 Mar 1996, Robert J. Donahue wrote:

> In an earlier post I complained that my choke was hard to pull even though
> every thing was OK. Well, I got to checking around and I found that the jet
> on the front carb has a little resistance to moving up and down. I
>disconnected
> the link between the two choke levers and the choke pulled out with ease.
> Evidently a little friction at the jet translates to a big resistance up at
>the
> dash! I swear if I have to mess with the SU carb again, I'll go crazy. Would
> it hurt anything if I leave the link off and only choke the rear carb? I'm
>sure
> the engine would still start.

1) I'm not so sure it will still start.
2) If it does it will probably run like $%^&.
3) You might overchoke the rear carb, causing raw fuel in the
cylinders which will wash away the oil film on the cylinder wall, causing
accelerated wear.

Just my theory.
I'm really glad you posted this! My choke is very hard to pull and I
hadn't thought of checking the needles/jets...

Ulix
                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy