Re: Dashboard Refinishing

To: 73641.3111@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Dashboard Refinishing
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:39:51 -0500
Rick:

Seems to me there was a nice thread on this very subject back around December
or January or so...if you've a way to access the back postings, check there.
It was very thoroughly covered.

To summarise:  There are several nice commercial varnish removers on the
market, most available at your local hardware store.  Take care to select one
that won't dissolve the fixative holding the wooden bits on.  Refinishing is
tricky, and one can use varnish, spar varnish (a marine application) or such
things as urethane, depending upon exactly what finish one wants and to what
degree of sunlight/elements the dash is exposed.

No, I'd not replace the dash entirely just because the finish is perishing.
 Good luck!

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'