Re: mystery part

To: TRIFARI@aol.com
Subject: Re: mystery part
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 19:38:38 -0600 (CST)
On Sun, 31 Mar 1996 TRIFARI@aol.com wrote:

> I was going through my parts drawer and I came upon Lucas 37584 regulator.
>  It's a monolithic block about an 1.5" square with three wires--red, black
> and yellow coming out the back.  Ceramic insert packaging suggests later
> model cars.  The date stamp looks like 474.  Anyone have an idea what it's
> for??  Thanks John Trifari  1955 Healey BN1/1980 MGB

Well, it sounds alot like the voltage regulator in my alternator (18ACR),
but according to Moss and VB catalogs, the numbers don't match.

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME senior - Mississippi State University
Design Coordinator - MSU Formula SAE......Powered by Honda......
elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1
74 MGB - 85 Buick LaSabre - 95 DiamondBack Sorrento