Re: Wrinkle Finish Paint

To: Paul <schwerdt@isns1.shasta.com>
Subject: Re: Wrinkle Finish Paint
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 09:34:17 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Paul wrote:

> I have read that wrinkle finish black is the proper paint to use.
> I need some tips though about how to go about getting the best results
> with this stuff.

  Paul,

  I've painted several things with wrinkle finish paint. I've
  found that there are two things that will affect the quality
  of the finish: even coats of paint and HEAT.  It may be a
  challenge to achieve a uniform wrinkle on a largish part
  such as a dash.

  Warm the dash with a hair dryer or a heat gun before you
  spray it.  Once it is nice and warm, spray on a generous
  *even* coat of paint and follow it with your heating implement
  of choice.  Better yet, enlist the help of a friend and have
  them heat the area you have just sprayed.

  If you are careful, you will get a nice even wrinkle.

  Good luck...

  -Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.