Re: Speedometer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedometer
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 1996 13:38:39 +0500
Ragthyme@aol.com wrote:
>No, not all B's had the service interval counter. I think it's only the late
>model ones...maybe the last few chrome bumpered, and definitely all the
>rubber-bumpered.

Almost right.

It showed up on 1974.5 model year North American cars, along with the EGR
valve and all the rest of the worst pollution control equipment.  It lit up
a warning lamp on the console after 25,000 miles, indicating that the EGR
valve should be checked.

The counter and lamp were deleted from Canadian cars with the 1976 model
year, and from US cars with the 1977 model year.

_Original MGB_--a pedant's best friend.  :)
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu  | Virginia Tech
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html