Comment/Question Re: Floor rust - B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Comment/Question Re: Floor rust - B
From: "Milo Kral" <kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 05:10:31 -0700
My 1967 MGB had leaked (surprise) over the last couple of years and in the
process,  destroyed its carpets and put a layer of surface rust on the
replacement floorboards.  Before putting in new carpets,  I have painted the
floors with POR-15.  This stuff is supposed to prevent rust from reoccuring, and
to convert the rust to "something else".  In fact,  it performs best when you
paint it over rusty metal,  with only the loose stuff removed.  You can paint
over it or leave it as is.  See Hemmings for their ad.

Now for the questions:
Next,  I will put down some insulating (heat and noise) layer that I have not
decided upoN,  yet.  Any suggestions?  Any feedback about prior use of POR-15?

Milo Kral                  email: kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Code 6324                  phone: (202) 767-2622
Naval Research Lab