Rusty Floors/Vacuum Lines etc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rusty Floors/Vacuum Lines etc.
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 22:17:56 -0400
Hey everybody!

Here's a Vic Brit story..ordered some small bits on their 1-800#. Used 'em
before, and shipping's usually pretty good. Was told 4 to 5 biz days to
arrive (Kansas to Canada) and that was Mon. Mar. 18. A week passed -
nothing. Called again, only to discover order hadn't been shipped 'til 2
days after order - by surface mail, and would be another 5 to 10 days.
Grrrrr. As of Friday the 29th, still nothing. Called again. Spoke to
customer service. Many appologies. Waited 'til Tuesday this past week.
Nothing. Called again. Parts finally arrived that day - and one was wrong.
One item their catalogue said was a decal, wasn't - actually a brass plate.
More Grrr. Called customer service again, not to rag on 'em, but to explain
my problems. Many appologies, and then today they called, and because of the
problems, they refunded the order, but told me to keep the parts!

Altho I'd question the MG-ability of the phone order takers, I'm quite
impressed with Cathy and customer service. They've obviously rewad the book
"Customers For Life".Guess who gets more of my business in the future?! Oh,
and I'll be sure to specify shipping details next time!

Re: Vacuum lines, anybody know where to find those plastic 'L' connectors,
and the plastic tubing? (For my '77)

Re:rusty floors - was the aluminum wrap used to *foil* the rust? ;-) (Sorry)
I'll second the Corless stuff from Eastwood, great material.

Re: wiring harness wrap, my '77's underhood harness is wrapped in a light
gray tape, which is original?!? The portion of the harness to the
transmission was wrapped in blue, same as the entire harness on both my '70
GT and '68 roadster.

This should be the weekend that I get the engine installation completed on
the '77. Thanks to those who responded with start-up tips.

Question: I've back-dated the engine in the '77 with dual HS4s. As a result,
the fuel line has a heck of a length to run from the firewall, where the
fuel line meets the fuel filter, to the front of the carbs - which is where
the connection point is. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Today, I
purchased a length of copper fuel line, and plan on making a line to run
from the firewall, over/under the servo and along the top of the inner
driver's fender (where the brake lines run to the servo), then across to the
front carb. I want to keep the line away from the header. Thoughts?

Yippee to a long weekend. Boo to a sudden return of winter weather. Three
cheers to Vic British, and a happy Easter holiday to all!

Terry "when will spring be sprung?" Williams
mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com
'70 BGT
'68 roadster
'77 roadster