Re: Rusty Floors/Vacuum Lines etc.

To: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Subject: Re: Rusty Floors/Vacuum Lines etc.
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 02:51:55 -0800
You wrote:

>Re: Vacuum lines, anybody know where to find those plastic 'L'
connectors,
>and the plastic tubing? (For my '77)

My local auto parts supplier has them on the shelf

>Re:rusty floors - was the aluminum wrap used to *foil* the rust? ;-)
(Sorry)
>I'll second the Corless stuff from Eastwood, great material.

Foil, Tar, Pop riveting metal over the damage ??? This is not in the
play book. Play the game by the rules or not at all. Remove as much
rust as possible then if you still have structure repaint with the rust
discourager of your choice.

>Question: I've back-dated the engine in the '77 with dual HS4s. As a
result,
>the fuel line has a heck of a length to run from the firewall, where
the
>fuel line meets the fuel filter, to the front of the carbs - which is
where
>the connection point is. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Today, I
>purchased a length of copper fuel line, and plan on making a line to
run
>from the firewall, over/under the servo and along the top of the inner
>driver's fender (where the brake lines run to the servo), then across
to the
>front carb. I want to keep the line away from the header. Thoughts?

You have the earlier cars to use as a reference I'd follow the path of
your 68 or 70 fuels. I love my HS4's!

>mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com
>'70 BGT
>'68 roadster
>'77 roadster
>'71 BGT parts-a-ramma

David Deutsch
75,77 Bs road worthy
79 MGB Roadster under complete restoration inclusive of conversion to
chrome bumper.
New Arrivals: 75 Ford Flatbed tow truck and expecting 66 B next Weds.