Best Car Show story??

To: mgs@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autowx.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Best Car Show story??
From: Jallard@gonzo.wolfenet.com (John Allard)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 12:02:18 -0700 (PDT)
Ok time for a new thread!!!!
Best Car Show Story.
Here is mine!!
A couple of years ago I was at the All British Field Meet in Portland Oregon
with my 1954 Allard Palm Beach when a gentleman in his sixties walked up out
of the crowd, and says "A Palm Beach!!!  I drove one of these when it was
brand new!!!!"
Of course, this got my attention and with a little prompting, he told me
that it was in 1954 or 55 and a buddy of his was an editor at Motor Trend
Magazine.  They were out goofing around one day, so they went by the Allard
dealer in LA, Noel Kirk Motors of Hollywood, and "borrowed" a Palm Beach for
the day.
Since I know a little fo the history behind my car, I asked him, "Was the
car BRG with disk wheels and Allard hubcaps?"  He thought about it for a
moment and said. "Yes, it was!"
It was MY car!!!!!!!.(I had heard that my car had been a demonstrator for
the dealership for at least a year during that time period)
How is that for a small world?
BTW if you would like to see what it looks like today, check out:
http://www.wolfenet.com/~jallard
(Hint: it is NOT BRG and it no longer has disk wheels!)
John Allard
>1946 Allard L-1 Touring Car
>1954 Allard Palm Beach Mk I
>1968 MGB Roadster o/d ww rough (and for sale!)
>1969 MGB GT (under reconstructive surgery)
>1980 Triumph TR 7 (future project)
>1986 Mazda RX 7 (with all these British Cars, I have to have SOMETHING I
can trust!
1983 Chevrolet Conversion Van by Trailwagons Inc.
BSA 441cc Victor
BSA 600cc Gold Star (500 with factory kit)
Email at: Jallard@gonzo.wolfe.net
          JohnALLARD@AOL.COM
Snail mail to: 1602 South 5th Ave.
               Yakima WA, 98902-5926