Re: hybrids

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: hybrids
From: Bill Glanville <glanvill@mail.frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 15:22:27 -0700
Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, John Allard wrote:
>
> > Nash Metropolitins I believe, had a Brlitish engine.
> > Same block as was later used in the Sprite/Midget as I recall!
>
> Right. Metros used a couple different Austin engines. But it could have
> been quite different:
>

> Not being a real expert on the Austin/Nash/Hudson Metropolitan, I
> nonetheless seem to recall two different engine sizes; perhaps both A, then
> B series engines were used?
>
> --Andy

        My contact with the Austin/Nash/Hudson Metropolitan thread started 27
years ago.My 1958 MGA needed an engine rebuild but I could not take the car
off the road since it was my year round/only vehicle. The solution was a
quick weekend engine swap. The donor was a wrecked Nash Metropolitain which
used a 1500 cc MG engine. I of course bolted the twin SUs and 4 spd tranny
from my MGA onto the block. This engine performed like the original. The only
drawback was no mech tach drive. I still have the '58 MGA and the Metro
engine is still in it, Austin green valvecover and all.
--
Bill Glanville                 58,59,60 MGA's
Scottsville NY                 67,70 MGB's