Re: MGB or TR6?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB or TR6?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 15:23:08 -0600
At 01:24 PM 4/16/96 PST, joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com wrote:
>I've spent a few months looking for a 65-67 MGB roadster and have been
coming up=20
>dry.  Meanwhile, I've been noticing quite a few TR6's for sale.  Given the
facts=20
>that 1) I'm handy but not a =7F=7F=7Fmechanic; 2) I'm looking for a=
 reliable daily=20
>driver; and 3) I occasionally want the thrill of the wind in what's left of=
 my=20
>hair; which car would serve me better?  And why? =20
>
>Joseph
>Still looking for my first L.B.C.

1. I always thought you had to be a mechanic to own a MG or a Triumph, or at
least a reasonable facsimile.

2. When I bought my first LBC, a 65 MGB, I was in college. My best friend
who led me on this course became envious a few months later and sold his
Triumph GT-6 for a "more reliable" 69 B.=20

Was my 65 B reliable? Not really, but unlike my previous American battle
cruiser, it was much easier and cheaper to fix.

3. I always thought the "the thrill of the wind" was the reason I was
getting thin on top to begin with.

David Councill                                =20
dcouncil@imt.net                              =20
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html        =20