Re: The price of petrol

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The price of petrol
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 21:52:04 -0600
In the continuing petrol story:
>In no self serve N.J. Texaco reg. 111.9, 93 octane Supreme, $134.9. The oil
>companies claim we would save if we allowed self service, but our gas is
always
>cheap and pump jockeys can get some min. wage work.Its also nice for the
elderly
>and handycapped.
>
>Mike Leckstein

Regular? Here in Billings, Montana, we sport the area's most expensive
petrol at a city uniform 133.9 for unleaded. Oddly enough, they make the
stuff right here. Exxon, Conoco, and the Cenex refineries help Billings keep
their title as the SO2 leader  of all the cities in the United States.

Meanwhile, petrol is cheaper in the outlying cities where they truck it.
Elsewhere in Montana, petrol sells for about 125-126 per gallon, and 120
miles to the south in Sheridan, Wyoming it is 110.9.

But it did jump a week or two ago. It went up six or seven cents. A little
early, as they always raise prices by Memorial Day weekend at the end of May
when the tourist season begins.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html