re:gas tank repair

To: jtiltlon@vt.edu
Subject: re:gas tank repair
From: cjung@direct.ca (chris david jung)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 11:05:43 -0700
Hi Jay,
About your gas tank pinhole, whatever you do, don't try to weld it.  I tried
to MIG weld a patch on top of some pinholes in my Yamaha Vision M/C gas tank
last summer.  Even though I filled the thing to the top with water, it still
exploded whenever the metal became red hot.  So, I did the sensible thing
and bought some LOCTITE gas tank repair compound.  It's a two part putty
that uses some kind of an epoxy compound.  It works well.  I just might pull
out the tank on my B and fix the pinholes on my tank.

                Chris Jung
                '72 MGB Roadster, '89 Mustang LX 5.0