Re: MGB's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB's
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 09:24:27 +1000 (EST)
>The beautiful rubber pumpers came out in late 75. They give the car a
>blended flow that was not present in the earlier fragile chrome models.  The
>intent was ; 1. beauty 2. Standardized bumper height and 3 to meet the 5 MPH
>requirement and also 5. To impress MR. Nader who likes fine art.

The interesting thing is that behind those harmless looking rubber (actually
polypropalene) bumpers is a 25 lb hoop of steel at each end.  If there was a
thought of impact absorbing it must have been in the other car in the
collision!!

If two rubber noses collided it must be like the ending of the world!!

Like most of you I prefer the rubber bumper cars, especially if you look at
the engineering, safety and comfort inclusions with the 1976 version.  If
anyone is interested I can let you know just how extensive the update was.

regards

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055