RE: Final Re: Bumper Height, ABS, Air Bags, and Pseudo-Safety

To: "'Mark Jurras'" <jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com>
Subject: RE: Final Re: Bumper Height, ABS, Air Bags, and Pseudo-Safety
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 10:57:50 -0400
OK, lets flame this a little more.

Yes, ABS brakes will permit the wheels and tires to continue to turn =
even when they are applied in slippery conditions.  This is designed to =
produce rolling as opposed to sliding friction, which everyone knows =
(based upon elementary laws of physics) is better.

I have a bigger question, however.  Since the only four things between =
you and the road are your tires, and as this is certainly not a =
temperate climate.... what kind of tires were on the car at the time?  I =
would certainly hope they were Gislaved Nord Frosts or Nokia =
Hakkapeliitta...., with studs and mounted on all four wheels.  That =
would certainly have helped.