Re: Final Re: Bumper Height, ABS, Air Bags, and Pseudo-Safety

To: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Subject: Re: Final Re: Bumper Height, ABS, Air Bags, and Pseudo-Safety
From: "Glen R. Wilson" <railroad@itw.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:43:57 -0400
Wes Grady wrote:

> OK, lets flame this a little more.

Great :(

>I have a bigger question, however.  Since the only four things between you and
>the road are your tires, and as this is certainly not a temperate climate....
>what kind of tires
were on the car at the time?  I would certainly hope they were Gislaved Nord
Frosts or
Nokia Hakkapeliitta...., with studs and mounted on all four wheels.

Volvo factory installed Goodyear Eagle +4 all-weather radials.  Haven't seen
these
Scandanavian brands around here.  Would you recommend them for use when roads
are
typically dry?  I liked what Ray Gibbons said about opting for a good set of
studded
tires where he is in Vermont.  Unfortunately, they are illegal in Pennsylvania.

Glen

PS  Curse you, Grady, for fanning the flames...  ;)