RE: Transmission Questions

To: mgs-owner <mgs-owner@autox.team.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission Questions
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 23:33:00 -0700 (PDT)
There is a retaining plate which holds the gearshift pivot ball in place. It
is held on with 3 bolts accessable under the shifter boot. Springs between
the bolt head and retaining plate allow for a little movement. You could
check there. Also, there is a little plastic bush which snaps onto the
liuttle ball at the end of the shift lever. This ball in turn is what fits
into the linkage ( or what ever you'd like to call that bar ) If it were to
break or fall out, you wouldf have a lot of slop in there. Anything else is
too expensive to think about right now. You just have to remove the 4 chrome
screws on the shift boot to see. check the boo rubber too.

Chris Reichle