Re: Fuel pumps and fans

To: Anthony Sarain <asarain@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel pumps and fans
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 16:04:03 -0700
This problem sounds like crud in the gas tank intermitantly blocking
outlet tube.  Common problem which has caused many a good fuel pump to
be incorrectly diagnosed as bad. When you climb hills and drive fast
the dirt and rust get stirred up.  Would flush tank out and install
filter pre-pump to keep junk from getting in pump and causing other
problems or no longer go up hill and drive slower. Let me know how you
make out. David Deutsch

=
>The fuel pump is a 2 month old SU carb.  Can this problem be anything
=
>else but the fuel pump?  Is it an adjustment to fix, or should I pull
=
>the pump out and get a new one?  Could it be a problem with the
>fuel tank?
>
>Secondly, I need to replace the two electric cooling fans.  Is there a
=
>fan that is cheaper than the MG replacements (approximately $90 each)?
>
>Anthony Sarain
>asarain@netcom.com
>
>'79 MGB, driven daily in San Diego -- unless it is REALLY beautiful .
. =