Re: Lucas Sports Coil & Fast MG TD

To: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Lucas Sports Coil & Fast MG TD
From: 1955tf@flash.net
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 18:00:05 -0500
At 09:51 PM 4/27/96 -0500, you wrote:

>  If you live
>in flat country, I know of many folks who have converted to MG-A rear end
>gears.  A stock TD/F can not pull these tall gears, but with a little bit
>of modification you can have a very nice touring car.
>

>Dear Mr. Engle -

I beg to differ with the above statement.  Not only did I swap differential
gears in my stock 1250 TF, I went with the taller 3.90:1 early MGB ring and
pinion.  It does lug down on some steeper grades, but that's what 3rd gear
is for.  The TF now can cruise Texas freeways without fear, and sometimes
I'm even in the fast lane.

Tim in Dallas           '71 B (daily driver)    '55 TF (pride and joy)