RE: Early Overdrive question

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Early Overdrive question
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 11:09:00 -0700 (PDT)
I believe that there is a switch that will only allow you to take it out of
OD when you have low vaccum. The reason is that when you take it out of OD
the engine RPMs will have to raise to match the speed of the tranny in a
lower gear. Otherwise, you would have a bit of a load on the tranny to raise
the RPM of the engine to match. Or I could be completely wrong. The later
model LH types do not require this
Chris