Re: OVERHEATING NEW ENGINE

To: John Bartholomew <jdb70@amail.amdahl.com>
Subject: Re: OVERHEATING NEW ENGINE
From: Greg Johnson <ab916@ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 23:34:45 -0300
On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, John Bartholomew wrote:

> Dear LBC owners, can this be true.
> I have finally got the 76B on the road after the 2 1/5 year restoration and
> now I am concerned about overheating, can this really be true!
> Almost everything is brand new. The engine was boiled out oil ways cleaned,
> re bored 20 over, crank re ground -10, new oil pump, cam, tappets, valve
> seats, valves, push rods, water pump, thermostat, catalytic converter,
> exhaust etc etc. The radiator has been reconditioned, header tank removed
> and tubes cleaned and this sucker runs HOT! I mean the temp gauge is right
> under the H.

Have you used a thermometer to verify the temp guage /sender is working?
Are there other signs of overheating or are you relying totally on the
guage?

Good Luck.
   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

          http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html