RE: SU Carbs- Idle Woes

To: "'Greg Johnson'" <ab916@ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Subject: RE: SU Carbs- Idle Woes
From: "David M. Hall" <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 09:44:52 +0100
I also have some interesting behaviour with my SU's.  (I'm not sure of the
name - They are in my 72 MGB, and don't have the bowls on the side, but
underneath the carb.)  When they are cold, and I let the choke off, the car
idles down nicely to 800 - 900 RPM.  After driving around > 10 Mins, the idle
seems to pick up to 1100 RPM.  Also, I can't get it to idle down any more than
that, as the idle adjust screws are backed all the way off.  (I assume that I
am getting some extra air in somewhere.)  Also, I'm set at about 10 - 15 BTDC.

Dave Hall

dhall@vcd.hp.com