Re: Top down rant

To: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Subject: Re: Top down rant
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 22:47:37 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 1 May 1996, Kevin Sullivan wrote:

> Saw a
> couple of Miata drivers with tops up.  On a day like this it makes you
> wonder if maybe they just _thought_ they wanted a "convertible".

Mi*t* drivers are largely poseurs.  They're 20-somethings who don't feel
safe if they're not in a large steel cage with a roof over their heads.
Also they don't want to ruin their $50 haircuts.

> How
> good does the weather have to be for them to lower the top?

Most Mi*t* drivers lower their ragtops once a year--on a 70degF day in
spring, and then run the A/C the rest of the summer.

Bill

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have