Re: MGB and high curb

To: rdonahue@holli.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB and high curb
From: QAGroup@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 18:03:52 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-06 00:00:41 EDT, rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J.
Donahue) writes:

>I have a rather high curb at the end of my driveway that the MGB has trouble
>negotiating. I live in one of those housing divisions built back in the '50s
>when cars had a lot more ground clearance. I looked into having the driveway

>tapered down to the sreet, but this is a rather expensive undertaking. I'm
>considering filling in the gutter with concrete or asphalt to form a more
>gentle ramp in the curb itself.

Hi Bob-

Prior to altering the curb you might want to check with your public works
dept to see if that's allowed. Problem with filling in the gutter is blocking
the drainage flow. While living in Corpus Christi I had trouble getting my
TR6 over the curb at my driveway so I placed a 2" ID pipe at the curb and
cemented a ramp over it.

Good luck
Randy K