Re: MGB and high curb

To: QAGroup@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB and high curb
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 16:23:40 PDT
>>>QAGroup@aol.com said:
 > In a message dated 96-05-06 00:00:41 EDT, rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J.
 > Donahue) writes:
 > > I'm
 > >considering filling in the gutter with concrete or asphalt to form a more
 > >gentle ramp in the curb itself.
 >
 > Prior to altering the curb you might want to check with your public works
 > dept to see if that's allowed. Problem with filling in the gutter is
blocking
 > the drainage flow.

Yes, please!  When I lived in Martinez, CA, my neighbor decided to fill in his
drainage ditch (we were kind of out in the boonies and didn;t have gutters per
se) and that spring my house flooded!  His "ditch" was now a 4 inch pipe and
could not handle the flow, so the water sought out and alternative route.  I
had to dig a trench across my driveway in the pouring rain to keep the water
out of the front door.

Please, if you're going to modify your gutters, drains or ditches make sure
you don't flood your neighbors!

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center