Re: MOWOG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOWOG
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Tue, 7 May 96 14:37:21 PDT
A bunch of people said:

> At 12:54 05/07/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >Brad:
> >
> >Sounds like someone has been talking to
> >Woody Hayes in the above and beyond department.
> >
> >Boy is this far fetched......
> >

> >Thanks
> >
> >Tom Wagner
>
> Tom:
>
> I totally agree, but what do say to the man who has just spent hours helping
> you on your engine?  I hated to insult the man and prompt him to take even
> more of my money!
> ******************************
> Bradley J. Barnes
> Ohio State University
> barnes.182@osu.edu
>
> '74 MGB    '58 Ford Fairlane

Having worked in the wrenching biz I can tell you that he may have been
testing you for a sense of humor and/or gullibility.  The classic test is
telling the customer that their muffler bearings are bad.  You should go
back and tell him that he's completely full of sh*t and then he'll have
infinite respect for you and maybe even buy you a beer.  And then there's
the one about Ministry of War, Oxford . . . no, wait!--that one's TRUE!

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com