Re: Electrical Question

To: Vadim Akselrod <vadim@sems.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical Question
From: Paul Parkanzky <p-parkanzky@onu.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 20:15:26 -0400
At 10:45 AM 5/6/96 PDT, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I was wondering if somebody could steer me in the right direction with
>what is apparently an electrical problem on Gorbi, my '79 B.  The
>symptoms have started to manifest themselves more frequently in the last
>month.
>
>When the weather and the car are warm, things work fine.
>
>When cool, the tach, fuel gauge, wipers, and temperature gauge are all at
>about half of their real values.
>
>When cold, those same instruments are all at zero.
>
>I suspect I have a bad connection somewhere that expands in heat to be
>okay, but that's just a guess.  Anybody seen something like this before?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Go Lucas!  :)

Sounds to me like you've got an infestation of the rare "Arctic
Gremlin"-Britcaria noworkie.  This is a slight variation (a cousin, if you
will) of the common Gremlin that comes standard w/ all Brit-cars Lucasvia
smokem.  Consider yourself lucky;  at least yours runs properly when it's
nice out.  Most MGs are afflicted w/totally random malfunctions, failures,
quirks, etc.  Good luck and happy motoring ;-)

Paul Parkanzky    KB8NPO
Ohio Northern University
e-mail:  p-parkanzky@onu.edu
http://engrsrvr.onu.edu/www2917