Re: All a-flutter?

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MVDNS1.MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: All a-flutter?
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.mv.Unisys.COM
Date: 14 MAY 96 09:10
>>   Here's one that has had me intrigued for some time.  At just about
 > 4,000RPM, if I hold it steady, the power seems to 'flutter.'

 What weight is your carb dashpot oil? It is supposed to damp this action.
 How are the dashpot pistons (The ones attached to the cap)?
 Are all vacuum lines plumbed correctly?
<How's your float level?

 I put 15wt jack oil in the dash pots. It seems to work better than the
Marvel Mystery oil I used to put in there.  The pistons are fine, as
far as I can tell.  There's good resistance when I reinsert them.  The
one vacuum line is OK, as far as I can tell.  The float levels, however,
suck ever since I installed the Grose jets.  Especially on the rear
carburettor, when I adjust the mixture, I can see that the fuel level
is too high in the jet.  I haven't had any success in locating additional
fiber washers to try and adjust the floats, so I may have to try and
manufacture some.  Thanks for the hint, I wouldn't have associated that
with the flutter.  This is probably responsible for the mild backfires I
get on long downhill downshifts.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*