particles in the oil cooler

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: particles in the oil cooler
From: The Warped Goat <dedwards@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 13:02:30 -0400 (EDT)
My 68 MGB has a leaky oil cooler, so I picked up another out of a parted out B
at a show.  When I put oil in the new cooler (out of the car) and it runs
through, it comes out with small black particles in it.  I checked the leaky
one but it has no particles.  I have flushed the new one with a garden hose and
-with several quarts of oil.  The particles are still coming out.  Needless to
say, I am afraid of putting this in my car for fear of damaging the engine.
Anyone know what I can use to flush this clean?

Benjy.-

benj@proxima.cc.colorado.edu                 1968 MGB MkII
b_edwards@rikki.cc.colorado.edu              1992 Trek 2300 Dura-Ace STI
bedwards@goedel.cc.colorado.edu              1992 Rocky Mountain Hammer