RE: the top's on blues

To: "'TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.mv.Unisys.COM'"
Subject: RE: the top's on blues
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 15:25:19 -0400
I drove the 56 over the weekend.  What a delight.  The car is perfect.  =
We ran into a small problem right as we were finishing it up, well, =
actually two problems.  The bearing in the generator decided that it was =
going to start making a lot of strange sounding noise (reminiscent of a =
handful of ball bearings in a kitchen blender) and four of the six brake =
cylinder's decided to start leaking at just that moment.  So, we =
replaced the generator and all six cylinders.  Charged it with silicone =
brake fluid, filed it with synthetic oil (can't wait for the reaction =
from everyone on that!) and putted out of the restoration shop.  26 =
miles later, with this big ****-****** grin on my face, I returned.  =
Took it up to about 75 mph, and nary a rattle to be heard, except for =
the expected and ever present noise from the oil filler cap.

Car is tight, nimble and stops on a dime.  Ed (the restorer with the =
magic hands) is genuinely pleased with the result.  He wants to put =
another couple of hundred miles on it before we present it to my wife.

Only thing I didn't do that I should have done:  Windshield is not =
perfect.  Should have re-chromed it and replaced the glass.  I can beg =
ignorance because I didn't see it until the car was almost finished, and =
with this time of year and the time necessary to do a really good job, I =
didn't have time.  But, as soon as it goes in for winter storage, it =
gets done.

I couldn't resist... I went out and bought a garage for it on Sunday... =
being constructed on June 15th, the day I give the car to my wife....