Anti-roll bar hit the lower pan

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Anti-roll bar hit the lower pan
From: midget@megumi.system.nitech.ac.jp (Kazuya Horibe)
Date: Wed, 22 May 96 13:42:26 JST
On Tue, 21 May 1996 ,Ulix Goettsch wrote:

Thanks for your advice.
I'm very glad.

>> So I installed 'lowering kit (1inch)','spax gas damper kit'
>> and 'competition use Anti-roll bar (11/16)'.
>Great! Did you also lower the rear?

Yes,sure.

>> but the problem is that Anti-roll bar sometimes hit the lower pan.
>Do you mean it hits the Control Arm, also called the A-arm?

Yes,it is the A-arm.
In Moss Europe parts catalogue, A-arm called lower pan.

>> I think the best way to prevent from it
>> is Anti-roll bar link change long one.
>Yes, you are probably correct, that longer links would help. The question
>is, what kind of links are you using? Do you have the original type links
>with ball-shaped ends, or do you have the universal (ADDCO) type, which is
>basically made of a long bolt, some spacers washers and replacable rubber
>(or nylon) bushings?

I use the original type links with ball-shaped ends.

>If you have this type, you can get two diffrent lengths from ADDCO. I
>bought mine through Victoria British. If your short ones are still good,
>simply buy longer bolts and make some spacers, and you'll have the same
>thing!

>If you use the original type, I can't really help you. You can NOT change
>to the universal type. If you can't find longer ones, maybe you can have
>them cut and a piece of rod welded in.

I don't know about universal (ADDCO) type.
But I can't help wondering why I can't change to the universal type.
I want to know the reason.

Hu--um,I don't know how and where to get longer ones (original type links).
But I don't really want to cut and weld the links.

Plese give me advice.

~  Kazuya Horibe (midget@megumi.system.nitech.ac.jp)  ~
~    I'm daily driver Midget 1500 in Japan.           ~
~    He has stage 3 tuning engine and WEBER DCOE 40.  ~
~    I love MG.                                       ~