Re: Plastic clutch alignment thing

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MVDNS1.MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Plastic clutch alignment thing
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.mv.Unisys.COM
Date: 24 MAY 96 09:06
I have one for my MGB, and it really does facilitate the alignment of the
clutch plate with the crank when reassembling the pressure plate to the
flywheel.  I have seen wooden tools without the splines, eliminating
the problem.  However, the number of splines is important in choosing
the new clutch plate, too.  If it's not mentioned in the catalog, your
clutch plate supplier should be able to tell you how many splines are
on your shaft or clutch plate, and you can order the alignment tool
accordingly.
  Trying to mate the transmission to the engine with a misaligned
clutch plate is REALLY no fun!
  Even better, find a fellow MGA owner who already owns one...

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*