Head advice....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Head advice....
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 20:17:39 -0700
Greetings all,

As I begin long overdue reconstructive surgery on my GT I'm contemplating
improving performance when I get to the drive train.  My engine is from a
`72, the head has the ports for the air injection blocked off with bolts.
In my store of parts I have a head from a 3 main engine.  If I contemplate a
head rebuild and porting/polishing, which head would be the best bet and
why?   I was also told years ago by an old coworker who raced his B that
shaving up to .030 off was a good place to start (providing of course the
rings are in good shape). Anyone care to comment?  I'm also considering a
street cam and electronic ignition.  I used to have a set of 1-3/4" SU's
saved for this project but I lost them (don't ask....)

Opinions solicited and reasons/experiences appreciated.

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        1947 MG-TC 3528